- about dancing the itik itik* on second grade
- about asking her to play bahay-bahayan* with me [because I can't get my mother to play it with me] during sleeping hours
- about how my nose and throat sored because of taking unbelievable amount of sweets even after lights-off at bedtime
- about raging to tear up my cousin's test papers because she got more perfect scores than me at kindergarten
One thing I'm grateful this summer is that I had the chance to sit in and tend to my 76-year-old grandmother. Aside from giving me the painful awareness of how I've been cruel and whimsical at the same time when I was a kid, I found out that my grandmother lived the limelight of her life on the time where writing love letters are the best possible way of getting in contact with their "prospect", where watching movies on a cinema with a man is a decision that ladies make in a week. I didn't know that that sepia time was real.
I'm a lola's girl. But it doesn't really matter. (._.)
Yoy can't be a kid forever. So it pays when you listen to your old folks. If you didn't, what's there to tell to next us?
___ itik itik. it's a native dance where dancers imitate a duck genus called itik
___ bahay-bahayan. common fancy play of children imagining living in your own house and having you own kids
No comments:
Post a Comment