Where all the unsaid things are.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Of Work and Satisfaction

Human are born self-satisfying creatures. But there will always come a time when we will find greater joy in making somebody else' life brighter one way or another. (Do I sound like I'm getting old?) It's just something I actually get from work. In a call center, where I am currently working, everyday is a DIFFERENT experience, but if I could write a story for every call that I had, it will always sum up to that realization.

I am the most impatient and stubborn person at my worst. It's amazing how I get through every long and annoying calls I get though. What really happens is that those people I talk to on the phone help me as I help them. They help me learn patience (though partly coerced) like I will never learn it from anything else.

Some days you will get the most verbally abusive person you will ever talked to in your entire life on the phone but they are the ones I believe who needed my help the most. Because if I won't help them, who else will? Though it's a bit lame, I ask myself that question everytime I feel like releasing the call. Then I stayed the course. They are the hardest work for me, I could cry when we got through successfully and when they strip off to kind and thankful lambs.

On the other side of the coin, there are these old people, where I get all kinds of consolation and inspiration. Don't you just think they are the most grateful people in the world? I don't know if it's just me but I could not think of anybody as appreciative and contented as this folks.

During our training, we were asked what might inspire us working in this kind of office. To think that I will have the power to make things better for some people. I could not get any better answer than that. This is not where I planned to be, but little things like a million dollar "Thank you(s)" is worth all the sleep and life lost - enough to make everyday a try again day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Mush Potato Corner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena