I’ve made this silly challenge with myself to keep out of social networking. So I could live more on the “real” world. Being disconnected is not that hard for me despite unlimited and almost infinite access to internet nowadays. Perhaps because I always kept my distance even online. I could get weirder in many aspect.
Well, I am almost 2 weeks there – in my solitude from internet. Or just social networking. Because I still check my mails daily and news and music and other (stalking works) cool stuff I can’t really give up. For a while i was able to reconnect with my thoughts, read, listen to a lot of music, organize my things, do my nails and laundry, appreciate tangible things and the ones that are not. It’s a window to infinite things that I have taken for granted.
I’ve stumbled on this post from one of HuffPost while I’m in this challenge and I thought, “Exactly! That’s what I meant to say.” And I’d like to share it here on my little spot.
“But a downside to this expansion of connectivity is that each time we’re able to get online in a place that was previously not a hot spot, we lose something: an opportunity to reflect on the world around us, to be with our thoughts, or to truly connect with the person we’re physically with, free of technological distraction.” -Timothy Stenovec, HuffPost
It only shows that I am getting (and sounding) old for using quotations to speak for me. (Haha!) Anyway, thanks Tim. For feeding my cause. You’re the man.
No comments:
Post a Comment