Where all the unsaid things are.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Random thoughts on my scribble pad

There's nothing like watching the sun come down from the window of our classroom. At first, the sky is all kind of bright orange and red and burning. Then the nearby building starts to swallow the sun, only those beyond it knows what happen next. But to me its like Picasso's depression paintings with scrawny blue hues.

It's not that I don't like Picasso. In fact, he is one of my favorite painters. At least his earlier stuff - before he started making women look like monsters, with their mouths open screaming and sharp spiked tongues and of course those blue beggars and all the other bluey painting.

She likes Van Gogh. Because I think he paints a lot of sunflowers. Maybe I do, too. I can't decide. Picasso has more styles to choose from. But Von Gogh's color is wilder and I love the way he made all those thick swirls of paint.

But then, to complicate the issue of who I like best there is Leonardo da Vinci! And Claude Monet. And Me. Haha. Actually, I like them all. I haven't really found my own style yet, but then it took Picasso a while before he found his.

****
Thought of painting right now is like a deep breath of air. It's 6:56 in the evening of a very long blue day. And I'm still sitting in my Physics class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Mush Potato Corner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena