It's quite a day in the hospital. One dead, and one absconded. I still feel lucky to have the latter. Others are in mechanical ventilator. Ambu bag. It is a hand-held device that provides ventilation to a patient who is breathing inadequately or not breathing at all. I found myself staring at somebody who is most likely the husband of the patient. I wonder how long could he do that, hold on to that ambu bag (which is technically the only thing that's keeping her alive). But it goes all down to a bittersweet fact: HE'S BREATHING FOR HER 24/7.
By the way, I'm not mad at you, bastard, for escaping and not settling your bill. I just hope you get home safe and well. I'm referring to my patient.
It's rainy and cold tonight. My knees hurt badly. Somehow thankful that I have nothing much to do. This pain is gradually killing me.
The best part of this day would be this hour. With Jen, Joenard, Mark. Mike and Vodka. :)
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment